Recycled Papermaking Online Class
- What you’ll learn in this class: How to make your own mould and deckle.
- How to create paper pulp.
- How to make recycled paper.
- How to embed designs into your paper.
- How to add inclusions like flowers, plants and thread into your paper.
- How to laminate (a wet layering process) colors and shapes on your paper.
- How to make seed bombs with paper pulp.
- Different ways to dry your paper.
In this 37 minute class, Jenn and Gary will introduce the basics of making paper. You'll learn what to do, and what not to do, using recycled materials in a eco-friendly process that is chemical free. In this fun and informative workshop we'll show you simple papermaking that you can do at home using an ordinary kitchen blender, frames, knitting hoops, gift wrap, and junkmail. You'll be able to create papers you can use for a variety of art and craft processes.
Some of you may have watched our recycled papermaking video that's on YouTube and might be wondering how this is different. The video on YouTube is purely a demo of what we do, whereas this online class is narrated and provides all the info. we give to students in our in-person classes, in a fun, accessible, and humorous way.
This DRM-free video file is just under 1 GB in size, and depending on your internet speed may take 5-10 minutes to download.